Title: - Sessional Counsellor
Location: - NIWE Office, Pink Lane Newcastle upon Tyne. Some online counselling from home may also be required.
Hours: - By negotiation, up to 15 hours pw.
Salary: - £18 per hour
Closing date: - Applications will close when we have a sufficient number of applicants
NIWE Eating Distress Service are inviting expressions of interest from qualified counsellors who would like to apply for sessional work within our service.
NIWE aims to help people in the North East whose lives are affected by eating distress, or eating disorders. NIWE believes that eating distress is a way of saying that something is wrong. Therefore, we do not just respond to the symptoms of eating distress but look at underlying causes.
Our practice is person centred, integrative and recovery orientated. Our services are provided in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
We offer one-to-one counselling to men and women over 16 with mild to moderate eating distress, who have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 17.5 and above, and currently run an online service as well as face to face counselling.
Purpose of the post
To provide confidential, high quality counselling both face to face and by telephone or online to people aged 16+ affected by eating distress/disorders.
Eligible candidates will;
- Be a member of a recognised professional body (e.g. BACP, UKCP)
- Be a fully qualified and practising counselling practitioner and will supply evidence of their professional qualifications as requested
- Provide details of their own public and professional liability insurance
- Fully understand the need to keep accurate financial records and be responsible for their own accountability to statutory bodies for tax and national insurance contributions
- Have an up-to-date DBS certificate / record
Sessional counsellors are line managed by the Chief Officer/ Counselling Lead.
You are expected to attend supervision for at least the BACP minimum requirement (1½ hours a month) for accreditation and to provide details of your Supervisor(s)
This post is currently funded for 6 months, and may be extended subject to funding.
To apply please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com