Salary: £30,000-£35,000 based upon experience, plus 3% pension
Hours: 2.5 days per week (0.5FTE)
Annual leave: 25 days plus bank holidays pro rata
Contract: 12 months fixed term with the hope of extending to permanent.
Probation: 3 months
Location: This post will mainly operate in Tyne and Wear whilst occasional travel outside of this area maybe required. The head office is based at John Buddle work village, Buddle Road, Newcastle, NE4 8AW although homeworking is actively encouraged.
Responsible to: Managing Director of Junction Point
Junction Point is a specialist business consultancy for not-for-profit organisations and ethically motivated businesses. We offer bespoke support to emerging, new start and existing organisations. We approach all our work under the values of creativity, community and curiosity:
Everything we do is based upon what our community tell us they need so we are always listening.
We remain curious in order to learn new and better ways of doing things, sharing best practice with our community at every opportunity.
You’ll never hear us say ‘this is how its done’, we are creative in finding tailored solutions to unique challenges.
The Social Enterprise Lead will provide specialist advice and training. They will also lead on the development of opportunities to help individuals and groups to trade successfully and work toward achieving their aims. The Social Enterprise Lead will also be required to consult and conduct research with our network to ensure any support offered is in response to need.
Main duties and responsibilities
To lead on the development and delivery of specialist consultancy, training and events to emerging, new start and existing social enterprises as part of the Junction Point wider offer of support.
1. To provide support, specialist business advice and training to clients including:
- The provision of one-one coaching
- The development of feasibility studies, business, and marketing plans
- Facilitating strategic reviews and developing strategy plans
- Identification of appropriate legal structures and support through registration process
- Keeping up to date and informing clients of sector-specific best practice, changes in legislation and regulations
- Development of new training, diagnosis tools and support services where appropriate
- Undertake on-going personal development
2. To support in the strategic development and future sustainability of Junction Point
- To support in the development of alternative income generating activities and sources to ensure Junction Point’s sustainability
- To assist in the organisation and delivery of events and conferences where appropriate
- To create a network of agencies, organisations and individuals that can enhance Junction Point’s offer
- To participate in wider forums and debates on social enterprises and not-for-profits
- To carry out research, write reports and develop new initiatives to assist in the development of Junction Point.
- To support fellow Junction Point team members
- To undertake any other reasonable work which maybe directed to you from time to time.
3. To be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects under your control
- To report to the Managing Director on a regular basis and provide necessary reports as required.
- To maintain required management information including time sheets and client records
- To be responsible for time management and performance against targets and budgets
Person Specification: To continue building credibility, we are looking for evidence of high-quality training experience in a formal capacity, ideally under the ‘business support’ umbrella.
- Committed to and passionate about social enterprise approaches
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of social enterprise and the wider not-for-profit sector
- Business development experience
- Five years business advice and guidance experience
- Excellent IT and digital skills
- Experience of developing and delivering training to a variety of audiences (pre-start to growing organisations)
- Solutions focused with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Committed to Junction Point Values: Curious, Creative and Community-Led.
- Demonstratable partnership working and networking skills
- Commitment to and understanding of equal opportunities
- Understanding appropriate legal frameworks
- Experience of delivering training online
- SFEDI, ILM or other generalist or social enterprise accreditation
- Driving license and access to a vehicle
- Awareness of other Social Enterprise support providers
- Knowledge of existing Social Enterprises within the Tyne and Wear
- Experience of European funded programmes
- Experience in holding a management role within a social enterprise
If you want to be part of an inspiring team and support the development of this growing Organisation whilst shaping your own future role, we want to hear from you.
How to apply: Please send your CV and supporting statement (maximum 2 sides A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please make sure your supporting statement refers to the information provided in this advert.
Deadline: 9.00am, 28th May 2021. Interviews anticipated: 2nd and 3rd June.
If you have any questions, accessibility requirements or would like to discuss this opportunity in advance of an application, please contact email@example.com 07879 776 709.