Friday, 28 January, 2022 - 12:00
North Tyneside Citizens Advice
Be part of a service that makes an impact. North Tyneside Citizens Advice (NTCA) are recruiting for two Trainee Advisors (Community Engagement). We are a respected independent charity which makes a difference to people’s lives. North Tyneside Citizens Advice offers a high-quality multi-channel advice service to our clients which includes telephone, webchat and face to face.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our new and modern service providing information and advice in North Tyneside. This is an exciting new role at the front end of our new service design. The postholder will be part of a team of Community Engagement Workers working in locations across North Tyneside. The role will involve reaching out to the communities within North Tyneside and assisting the public in accessing our service, especially the most vulnerable or hard to reach. You will also work with partner organisations to raise awareness of the service and promote our digital APP and ensure equal access to our service for all who require it.
Career development – Advisor Training
This is a trainee/development role. As well as carrying out day to day community engagement activities the successful candidate will commit to undertakes the Citizens Advice Advisor Learning Programme. We are looking for highly motivated individuals’, candidates who can progress into advice /specialist casework roles within our organisation.
To apply download an application form from our website https://www.ntcab.org.uk/category/jobs/
Send competed application to email@example.com Please note we do not accept CV’s.
• Salary of £18,681 - £19,534 per annum
• Work place pension scheme
• 24 days paid holiday per year increasing based on length of service, plus bank holidays
• Gives skills through full training
• Work that makes a positive impact
• Positive working environment
Day to Day
• The front end of our new face to face service, assessing the needs of clients to determine the relevant advice channel for them and supporting clients to access our service or supporting with self-help information
• Undertaking the Citizens Advice Advisor Learning Programme to qualify as an advisor
• Assisting client’s in using our new digital App to request call back within 24 hours
• Work in locations across North Tyneside including North Shields and Wallsend Libraries
• Assessing client issues and signposting/referring clients to appropriate services
• Using electronic booking systems to make client appointments
• Working with our partners to provide a seamless service to clients
• Delivering excellent client care
• strong communication skills
• be a team player
• customer service experience
• attention to detail
• good IT skills
• experience of working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Full technical training will be provided so it is not necessary to have a Citizens Advice or advice worker background. You will need a good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel, strong customer service skills are essential.
We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We encourage and welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates from all backgrounds.
Hours per week: 37
Location: Across North Tyneside
Closing Date: Friday, 28 January 2022 – 12pm, midday.
Interviews: Week commencing 31/01/2022