Established in 1994, North Tyneside Carers’ Centre provides practical and emotional support to unpaid family carers in North Tyneside. We looking to recruit a Training Officer to help us improve identification and support for carers in the borough:
Training and Development Officer
37 hours per week
- Design and deliver a programme of training, and, where needed source external training that meets the needs of carers.
- Design and deliver training that raises awareness of carers’ issues with professionals.
- Promote the training to carers and professionals in a variety of ways including: networking with local groups; helping to design and distribute publicity materials; giving talks to health and social care teams etc.
- Work with individual GP practices and Carers Champions to support them to achieve the GP Carers Award.
The post holder will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of designing and delivering training
- Experience of delivering training within health and social care/voluntary sector
- Ability to use a range of approaches to meet the needs of participants with different learning styles
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Numeracy, IT literacy and good reporting skills
- The ability to work flexible hours
Closing date: 12 Noon on Monday 28th October 2019
Interviews: Friday 1st November 2019
Application packs are available via our website www.northtynesidecarers.org.uk
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre is a registered charity – Charity no: 1051472