Gateshead Older People’s Assembly is an independent charity supporting the health, wellbeing, and independence of over 50s across Gateshead. We have been recognised on local and national levels for the impact of our work and we have seen annual attendances at our activities grow by over 500% in the past five years.
We are seeking to expand our board of trustees and are interested in hearing from individuals with a strong commitment to helping us make Gateshead a wonderful place to grow older. We are especially interested in hearing from individuals with experience and skills in the following areas:
- Human Resources
- Health and Wellbeing
Additionally, we require all of our trustees to possess the following attributes:
- Good judgment, common sense, and wisdom
- Positive, supportive attitude
- Enthusiasm for the work of Gateshead Older People’s Assembly
- Commitment to carry out the duties of a trustee
- Willingness to offer skills and experience to support the work of the Assembly and to act as an advocate when required
- Readiness to draw on contacts and networks in support of the organisation
- Ability to work with others and to accept majority decisions
- Ability to treat sensitive information confidentially
- Understanding of best practice in governance
- Interest in current issues affecting older people
Our board meets every eight weeks in Deckham. Meetings are on a Monday afternoon and last up to two hours.
We have a staff team of four and a board of seven active trustees. Until recently, trusteeship was restricted to Gateshead residents aged 50+. Recent changes to our constitution now allow us to recruit up to four trustees who are under 50 and/or who do not reside in Gateshead.
For further information, please contact Craig Bankhead, Chief Executive, on 0191 438 1721.