Trustee / Non-Executive Director
(approx. 2 – 3 hours per month)
Carers Together Foundation is an organisation dedicated to improving carers’ quality of life. We listen to carers, give them a voice, provide information, practical and emotional support and promote carers’ rights across the South Tees area.
We are seeking volunteer Trustees to join our experienced Board in carrying the collective responsibility for ensuring that the organisation is governed correctly and is compliant with Charity Law and other internal and external guidance.
As part of their roles, the Trustees will work with other Board members to:
- ensure that the charity maintains its sense of mission in line with its primary aims and objectives. Ensure that the organisation’s finances are safeguarded
- ensure risks are identified and managed in the appropriate manner
- secure the long-term future of the charity
Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- an understanding of the issues and challenges Carers face
- an understanding of the importance of charity governance and compliance with appropriate legislation and guidelines
- a commitment to equality and diversity
Trustees are required to attend Board meetings at the Carers Together offices in either Redcar or Middlesbrough approximately every six weeks. New Trustees will complete a comprehensive induction programme and will be required to undertake mandatory training as required during the year.
For more information about the role of a Trustee at Carers Together please contact Lee O’Brien, Chief Executive, on 01642 488977.
Closing date for applications: 31st December 2020
Carers Together is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Registered charity number: 1128910 Company number: 6746629