We are an ambitious charity with a vision of supporting rural communities to raise their rural voices as we believe nobody should be disadvantaged because of where they live. We have been making a difference for over 20 years. We do this by promoting rural issues to influence policy and programmes, empowering communities through asset-based community development, enabling communities through impartial advice and support, supporting our communities to survive and thrive.
Whether you're already an experienced Trustee or wanting to take your first step at Board level, we want to hear from you.
Our new Trustees will have skills in one or more of the following areas:
Finance, Human Resource, Income Generation, Press and PR, Policy Influencing and Digital.
As a Trustee you will receive:
- An induction, access to training and reimbursable expenses
- Opportunities to make strategic decisions and develop new skills
- Opportunities to network with senior professionals
- Opportunities to influence and shape innovative projects
- The chance to support the health and wellbeing of people and communities
The expected time commitment is six Trustee meetings per year which are held face to face across the Tees Valley or online, one annual staff and Trustee away day and some task and finish groups.
Deadline for applications: 28th October 2021 12 noon
For an informal chat, contact the Chief Executive Rita Lawson at: firstname.lastname@example.org