Nunnykirk is a small independent school based near Netherwitton, Morpeth in Northumberland. Established in 1977, it supports pupils with specific learning difficulties such ASD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia and Social, Emotional and Mental Health. Our staff, parents and pupils work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for our young people and our school ethos encourages individual pupils to strive, care and achieve their potential. Our staff team, trustees and Governors place great importance on providing a nurturing environment where young people can thrive and grow and aspirations can be fostered.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to recruit trustee(s) to formally join our Board in 2020. We are looking to develop the school further and are seeking additional skills to help the school not only in achieving high educational standards but also to develop a strategy to achieve a greater level of sustainability. We are specifically looking for Trustees with knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Financial - to support and challenge performance against agreed projections, ideally it would be hoped that a new trustee could also have the skills in education finances
- Legal - to support contract negotiations not only with local authorities but also other areas e.g. premises
- Business Development - an ability to look commercially at a situation and support a more business-like approach to encourage additional pupils from surrounding local authorities and also private paying pupils
- Premises / Architect - to look at how the building could be used more efficiently taking into account current health and safety parameters.
We hold six meetings per year plus smaller committee meetings and school visits. We would be looking for a commitment of around 6 hours per month.
Nunnykirk School have a staff team of 13 and a board of governors of 9. The board includes teaching staff and parents.
- Why you are interested in becoming a Trustee
- Your skills or experiences that are relevant to our work
- Any previous experience of being a volunteer or Trustee
- Any areas of special interest (areas of work or particular issues)
If you would like to discuss the role or have any questions, please contact Angela Goodfellow on 0191 2332000 or email email@example.com
The deadline for applications is noon on Tuesday 31st March 2020
Interviews have been arranged for Monday 20th April 2020
This recruitment process is being managed by VONNE through their Trustee Finder Service