The Board of Trustees of Disability North are seeking interested people to join this leadership group of our established organisation.
About Disability North
Disability North is a service user-led charity based in Newcastle upon Tyne promoting social inclusion, independence and choice for disabled and older people in the North East of England and Cumbria. We were established in 1985 and currently employ 20 people. A main focus of our work, undertaken by the Disability North Service Team, is to provide information and advice on equipment and activities for daily living, welfare benefits, direct payments and personal health budgets. Our Events Team host and manage a range of disability related events and training across the region.
Committed to the values and principles of Disability North you will contribute your time and energy to working in Disability North’s best interests. You are able to work effectively in a team and to think with a long-term vision. You have experience of working strategically as well as substantial experience and skills in at least one of the following areas:
- Finance and accounting
- Marketing and/or business development
- Legal practice and/or governance
- Leadership and management
We are particularly looking for people with financial, funding and marketing experience.
About the role
The main requirements of the role are to participate in regular Board of Trustees Meetings (currently 7 each year at 5pm on a Thursday at the Dene Centre, South Gosforth), undertake advance reading in preparation for meetings, and carry out follow up tasks as agreed.
Trustees have ultimate responsibility for directing the affairs of Disability North, ensuring that it is solvent and well run, delivering the charitable objectives for which it was set up. The Board’s key tasks are to:
- To work with the Chair and other trustees to formulate strategic objectives, oversee their implementation, and contribute to the long term sustainability and growth of Disability North;
- To ensure that Disability North operates within relevant legal and financial frameworks; and
- To ensure that Disability North operates within the terms of its constitution - including ensuring that policies and practices are in keeping with Disability North’s charitable objectives.
For further information and to express an interest in this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for received applications is 31st October 2019.
We welcome applications from all people who meet the trustee specification and we are particularly seeking application from disabled people as they make up at significant part of our Board of Trustees.
For more information about Disability North please see: www.disabilitynorth.org.uk
OR watch our video: