"A lot of people care, but they don't understand. When I come here, people understand."
Heart Wood is a new and developing charity based in Northumberland which offers person-centred group counselling to people with enduring poor mental health. We currently have a particular focus on working with men. We offer something different, for people who cannot engage with exisiting indoor services.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed Trustees to join our small and passionate team, who can support us in our journey of development and growth.
We are looking for people who can bring experience of one (or more!) of the following:
- Growing an existing business / charity
- Understanding of the current statutory and 3rd sector health support
- Personal experience of counselling
- An understanding of the relevance and benefit of working in a person-centred way in an outdoor context
- Other professional experience, e.g. financial management, legal practice, project management, fundraising or organisational development.
If you think you have something to offer that isn’t listed here, we would still love to hear from you, as we seeking to create a diverse committee.
This is a voluntary position, though all expenses will be met.
Please go to www.heartwoodcharity.org and download the Trustee Info Pack where you will find more information about Heart Wood and how to apply.
If it isn’t possible for you to access the information in this way, please call Emma on 07813 814644 who can send you a pack in the post.