Useful Vision Volunteer Coordinator
Salary: £18,360 gross pro rata.
Hours of work: 16 hours a week. 2 Year fixed term contract.
Reports to: The Charity Manager.
Main purpose and scope of the job
Recruiting, Training & Managing Volunteers. Manage the Parent Carer Forum.
Assist with Useful Vision general administrative duties as and when required.
Tasks and Responsibilities: Volunteer recruitment, training and management
• Develop and the various volunteer roles in association with the charity manager.
• Develop and maintain links with local community groups, businesses etc. to recruit volunteers
• Match volunteers with suitable volunteering opportunities within useful Vision
• Coordinate, develop and deliver appropriate training.
• Monitor and review placements to ensure volunteers receive sufficient support.
• Develop ideas to retain and support volunteers.
• In association with the Charity Manager develop good practice policies and procedures and ensure Useful Vision staff and volunteers are fully trained in these practices.
• Ensure all child protection checks are carried out, and appropriate child protection training given.
• You will be required to cover administrative duties for the Co-ordinator – due to planned sick leave for at least 2 months.
Information, marketing and promotion
• Design and disseminate a range of marketing materials to promote Useful Vision.
• Attend promotional volunteer fairs and community events.
• Organise recruitment events, workshops and talks, promoting volunteering, online and in person when appropriate.
• Promote volunteering via social media, newsletter bulletins and website.
• Utilise local and regional disability networks to promote volunteering opportunities.
• Make strong links with the press to promote the charity.
Monitoring and evaluation
• Ensure funding requirements are met and the impact of the work is recorded, monitored and evaluated.
• Accurately update and maintain databases, provide reports as required.
• Organise and manage the Carer Parent Forum regular group meetings online and in person when appropriate.
• To work collaboratively with the team to ensure administration and information is fully coordinated.
• Undertake staff appraisals and staff development training, Vi awareness, child protection and first aid.
• You will be willing to demonstrate commitment to Useful Visions equal opportunities Policy.
• You will be required to support the administrator at busy times and when she is off work.
Requirements. • Must be available to work weekends and school holidays.
• Must drive and have access to a car or be able to travel around the whole region independently.
• Job subject to an enhanced disclosure check.
• Must have excellent IT skills, able to use all Office packages, Zoom programmes & social media.
• Some experience of Word press ideal but not essential
• Experience of managing volunteers
• Experience of working with families or children preferred
• Knowledge of the needs of disabled people preferred
Location: Based at Useful Vision, Newburn Activity Centre, Grange Road, Newburn, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE15 8DN. Will be required to travel extensively throughout the region from base and work some evenings and weekends.
Appointment is subject to an enhanced disclosure check
Apply to email@example.com with CV and covering letter or by post to the address above.
Closing Date 26/04/21