Woodwork Supervisor (33.5 hours per week)
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified or experienced individual to our team to run our woodwork department. The post holder will work with service users that have mental health problems and/or learning disabilities, teaching a range of woodworking skills within a real work environment. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring delivery of domestic and commercial woodwork contracts as well as maximising the use of our woodwork department. Additionally, they will be required to work with other departments (metal work, furniture restoration) enabling service users to develop a range of skills and creating a range of imaginative products for sale. Although our service is currently male orienteted we would welcome female applicants. Flexible working would be considered.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Work with the Service Manager to capture service user progress;
• Support, educate and supervise service users in the safe completion of woodwork tasks;
• Report any issues with Service User welfare to the Service Manager;
• Ensure that Service Users are effectively engaged and supported;
• To maintain an effective awareness of the changing needs of service users and liaise with the Service Manager to ensure K|E continue to meet their needs.
• To operate under the general direction of the Company’s management and comply with all approved policies and procedures;
• To actively promote the Company with the objective of attracting new business and service users;
• Ensure that the woodwork area is fully utilised whilst supporting other departments;
• Ensure tools and equipment are well maintained and safely operated;
• Price up and undertake any commercial and domestic work;
• Contribute towards the upkeep of our premises and use acquired skills for the furtherance of our service.
The post holder should be prepared to undertake the appropriate training to enable them to fulfil the above duties or other duties consistent with the grade and also be prepared to work flexible hours by agreement where necessary.
• Be suitably qualified and/or experienced in the undertaking of woodworking;
• Knowledge and experience of the practical application of woodworking skills in a commercial setting;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to communicate with a range of people;
• Ability to safely and effectively use a range of workshop tools;
• The ability to think creatively and translate ideas into practical items;
• A full, clean, driving licence to deliver items to customers in one of our vans;
• Experience of health and safety and its application in the workplace;
• The ability to manage and prioritise your own workload effectively;
• Organisational skills;
• Competent in the use of IT to respond proactively to customer requests.
• Experience of working within a Mental Health or Learning Disability setting;
• Understanding of some of the key issues affecting those with mental health issues and learning disabilities.
• Treating people with dignity.
To discuss this role, please contact Anthony Robinson, General Manager on 0191 2701138.
To apply, please send a C.V. along with a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com
APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY REFERENCES AND A DBS CHECK.