The Active Ageing scheme from the Eagles Community Foundation is designed to provide both social and physical activity opportunities for those across Newcastle, mainly aged 55 and over that you may work with.
- Table Sports Tuesday (Over 55s) - 10.30am – 12 noon, £2
Gentle activity including table tennis, table basketball, table football and boccia, at the Eagles Eats Cafe.
- Seated Exercise (Over 55s) - Starts Tuesday, November 12th - 1.30pm-2.30pm, free
A gentle six-week course to improve fitness and wellbeing in a seated position. Booking is recommended and those achieving full participation will receive a certificate of completion.
- Gardening Club (19+) - Thursdays, 1pm-3pm, free
Working to keep the Eagles Community Arena in top condition.
- Walking Basketball (Over 40s) - Fridays - 12noon-1pm, £3 (November 8th, 22nd and 29th, and December 13th)
A gentle introduction to basketball for those no longer wishing to play at full pace or those that haven't taken part in activity for a long period.
- Zumba Gold (Over 55s) - Starts Friday, November 8th – 1.30pm-2.30pm, free
A gentle six-week course of Zumba at a slowed down pace. Those achieving full participation will receive a certificate of completion.
Booking is recommended for all these activities, all of which take place at the Eagles Community Arena. Call Neil Curry on 0191 245 3881, email him at email@example.com or visit newcastle-eagles.com/arena/plan-your-visit/ for further details.