The Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), in partnership with County Durham Community Foundation (CDCF), is making available £150,000 for a grants fund to support the voluntary and community sector of County Durham and Darlington.
The fund will support both small grants (up to £2500) and general grants (up to £20,000) for projects and initiatives across County Durham & Darlington that help keep communities safe and contribute towards inspiring public confidence. The fund is not aimed at organisations that are already funded directly from core commissioned, statutory policing and community safety activities, but will support projects and initiatives that are additional and work at a local community level.
The key themes that the fund is looking to support include projects and activities that:
- Tackle anti-social behaviour
- Tackle harm caused by alcohol and drugs
- Enhance and build safer communities
- Promote road safety
- Reduce the incidence and impact of domestic abuse in all its forms
- Reduce the incidence and impact of hate crime
- Reduce violence against women and girls
- Support victims of crime
More information and application forms are available on the Community Foundation website.