Sported are one of the leading Sport for Development charities in the UK, helping more than 3,000 community sport and youth groups survive and thrive. Their members use the power of sport to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people and build stronger, safer communities.
Membership of Sported is free.
Sported exists to ensure that organisations providing Sport for Development can continue to grow and develop. It means that you can get on and do what you do best – change more young lives through sport. When you become a member of Sported you will get access to a range of services which are designed to suit your individual needs.
Some of the areas that your organisation may benefit from:
Advice from skilled volunteers
- 1:1 mentor support to develop longer term plans (premium members only).
- “Light Touch” support – ask a volunteer about a very specific issue and get support over phone, email, skype or in person in a short period of time when you need it.
- Funding resources and support, including:
- Receive monthly regional funding bulletins.
- Online bespoke funding service.
- Support from Sported volunteers to complete funding applications and/or to create a fundraising strategy.
- Opportunities to access external funding via Sported.
- Fundraising workshops and online learning.
- FREE membership of Localgiving.
Access to the online Member area including:
- Connect with members all over the UK through an online forum and take part in Live Q&As with Sported volunteers.
- A range of online resources around areas such as governance, business planning, fundraising, marketing etc.
- Bitesize videos with handy tips.
- Ability to take advantage of deals with Sported partners such as Sainsbury’s Active Kids, RunAClub, Aviva Community Fund.
- Insurance and Legal Services (provided by external partners).
Impact measurement – prove sport works, including:
- Free access to Sportworks Light tool.
- Dedicated online Impact section with downloadable resources.
- Monitoring and Evaluation support from Sported volunteers.
- Workshops (in person and virtual).
- Regular newsletter with news from Sported, the sports sector and from your local region.
- The opportunity to take part in projects with Sported partners (currently they have members on projects with Britvic, Deutsche Bank, the Tennis Foundation and Sport England).
- Regional networking events.
- A member of staff at the end of the phone during office hours for support.