Local Charities Day 2018
Friday 14 December is Local Charities Day, celebrating the fantastic work local charities do around the country.
The North East is home to approximately 7000 voluntary, community and social enterprises, nearly half of which have a turnover of under £10,000. Find out more about the North East VCSE sector on our infographic taken from the last Third Sector Trends study.
There are a number of ways to get involved:
- Use the #LocalCharitiesDay hashtag to share what you’ll be doing on Local Charities Day
- Download the social media toolkit from DCMS
- #pledgeYOURtime to a local charity and share your pledge on social media
- Nominate a Local Charities Champion
- Add the #LocalCharitiesDay Twibbon to your social media channels
- Explore the Local Charities Day map to find charities near you. You can also add your own details