The National Lottery Community Fund has opened a new funding programme called Places Called Home. This small grant programme, for up to £5,000 per project, aims to improve community spaces and deliver sustainable activities for communities across the UK.
Places Called Home will offer eligible groups funding awards of between £1,000 and £5,000 for activities and equipment that meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Build on the relationships created during the Covid-19 pandemic to increase community activity and the number of people taking part.
- Encourage people to work together, creating opportunities for communities to live in a sustainable and healthy way.
- Raise awareness amongst the public of the importance of connected households, neighbourhoods and resilient communities.
- Develop a new idea, activity or way to come together that has emerged in response to the pandemic.
- Revive or redesign community and common spaces to encourage shared community activities.
Places Called Home opened for applications on June 22nd 2021, and will close to applications when they have received 1,500 applications or on July 6th 2021, whichever comes first.
You can apply online following this link https://www.tnlcommunityfund.org.uk/funding or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a pdf form to complete offline if you’d prefer.
If you’ve not applied for funding from The National Lottery Community Fund before, you’ll need to ensure that your group or organisation is eligible to apply.