The 2019 edition of the UK Civil Society Almanac has been published by NCVO.
The Almanac produces insights on what voluntary organisations do, their income and spending, workforce, volunteers and the sector's impact.
Key findings have been summarised by Lisa Hornung from NCVO for civilsociety.co.uk and are:
- Total income for the sector has grown but more slowly than in previous years
- Income from the public is showing signs of change
- Reasons for falling donations are complex
- Income from government has plateaued but fallen as a proportion of total income
- Assets continued to grow marking a new record high