A number of North East based VCSE organisations have been awarded funding from the Government's £11.5 million Loneliness Fund.
Amongst the 126 grantees are:
- LD:North East for their Healthy Connections North Tyneside project
- Investing in People and Culture for their Community Links project
- Edberts House for their Community Linking Project
- Byker Community Association for their Everybody Welcome project
- Age UK Sunderland for their Meaningful Connections project
- Furniture Reclamation and Delivery Enterprise (FRADE) for their FRADE Men's Shed project
- Action Foundation for their Intergration Action Drop-In project
- B Active NB Fit CIC for their Park Life project
- Groundwork North East for their Men in Sheds: Urban Heroes! project
Further organisations will benefits from funding from the Co-op Foundation to tackle loneliness among the younger generation including:
- Youth Focus North East
- Asfaleia Limited
- Scotswood Natural Community Garden
For a full list of grantees and more information about the projects funded please download the grantees list (PDF:231 KB).