The North East Equality Awards recognise and reward employers, learning providers, groups and individuals who strive to ensure that good equality and diversity practices are implemented in the work place thereby improving recruitment and retention for people from diverse groups.
Now in its sixteenth year, Equality North East, a company owned by Gateshead College will be joined by over 300 people, who will join together to celebrate in this 50th anniversary year of the Stonewall Riots which paved the way for LGBT civil rights internationally on the evening of 24th October at the Grand Hotel, Gosforth in Newcastle.
The event recognises the achievements of local organisations, individuals and groups in embedding inclusivity through good equality and diversity practices daily. Nominations are open in the following categories:
- Organisations up to 50 Employees
- Organisations between 51 and 250 Employees
- Education and Training Organisations up to 50 Employees
- Education and Training Organisations over 50 Employees
- Larger Organisations Making a Difference in the Community
- Individuals Making a Difference
- Groups Making a Difference
- The TUC Working Lives Award
- Organisations Supporting People with Disabilities