Gateshead-based FIRST, who support people to develop confidence and essential skills so they can find a job, has launched its new Level 1 Award in Understanding Enterprise.
Starting week commencing 12th April this eight week course is designed for anyone on furlough, job seeking or recently made redundant.
This level 1 course explores how to:
- Develop research skills to spot job opportunities.
- Improve your written and verbal communication skills.
- Increase confidence so you smash your next interview.
- Manage your finances to help you budget your household income making sure you have enough money to travel to your interview.
- Identify your own personal areas for development creating a learning plan that is just for you.
- Break down big problems/challenges into smaller chunks to help you plan your time and reduce stress.
- Understand potential risks within a business so you can choose the right job for you.
There is no cost to participate if you live in the following places: Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside and South Tyneside.