VONNE is the regional support body for the North East Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) sector, representing more than 1,200 member charities, voluntary organisations, community groups, networks and social enterprises from across the region, with further reach through our many networks.
VONNE's vision is that charities, social enterprises and voluntary and community groups make a distinct and sustained contribution to the economic, social and environmental development of the North East of England.
To support the development and sustainability of a strong, effective and well governed VCSE community and promote engagement, involvement and collaboration with the sector as a valued partner.
VONNE's strategic aims
- To be the expert source of knowledge and intelligence on the sector in the North East, with a particular focus on the impact of Covid-19 on the sector and the existing and emerging needs of the people and communities it serves.
- To be a source of information to the sector on issues and opportunities that impact upon it, including the government's levelling up agenda and regional Covid recovery plans.
- To raise the profile of the North East VCSE community and be a leading voice for it. This includes influencing national and regional plans for the UK Shared Prosperity Fund, and addressing inequalities through Covid-19 recovery plans.
- To support external stakeholders to effectively engage and collaborate with the VCSE community, through effective system change and new approaches.
- To support the sector to evolve and grow; to be effective, ambitious and enterprising, with a particular focus on recovery from Covid-19, including in the area of digital and innovation.
- VONNE will also be an effective and sustainable organisation.
- Striving for excellence
- Inclusivity and fairness
- Learning and sharing
VONNE is a registered charity (registered number 1084083) and a company limited by guarantee (registered number 04061592). VONNE is VAT registered (number 194251990).
VONNE is proud to be an accredited Living Wage employer. This means every member of the team earns not just the minimum wage, but the Living Wage, an hourly rate set independently and updated annually based on the cost living in the UK. We believe everyone deserves a Living Wage.
VONNE is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. Disability Confident works with employers to ensure disabled people and those with long term health conditions have opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
VONNE is Open To All, meaning we've signed up to Children England's pledge not to ask for degrees for any roles at VONNE unless it's essential to the position. The voluntary sector should be open to all people, regardless of background, to make it even stronger and more inclusive. Find out more and sign up to the pledge at childrenengland.org.uk/open-to-all.
VONNE has joined a growing movement to make the VCSE sector a fairer and more equitable place by signing the pledge to end salary secrecy. This demonstrates our commitment to always #ShowTheSalary for all the roles we advertise, both at VONNE and at organisations recruiting through VONNE Job Finder. This helps make recruitment processes fairer and shows candidates their time is valued and respected. We're proud to to do our bit to stop perpetuating pay gaps so everyone can access a fair wage. Sign up to the pledge at showthesalary.com/the-pledge.
As a founding member of the North East England Climate Coalition, we're now working towards a bronze Investors in the Environment award, which is a nationally-set standard to help protect the world we live in.