Keeping people safe is everyone's business and should be at the heart of what we do.
VONNE are working in partnership with Catalyst Stockton-on-Tees, Connected Voice, Durham Community Action and Northumberland CVA, to deliver training and awareness raising sessions on the importance of safeguarding and highlighting the open access NCVO safeguarding resources across the North East, working alongside the region’s local infrastructure organisations.
The Safer Culture North East project is funded through DCMS and The National Lottery Community Fund to disseminate safeguarding resources developed collaboratively by an NCVO-led partnership. The resources will help you make plans and carry them out in your organisation.
The resources include information on:
- Understanding the steps to doing safeguarding well
- Templates and tools to create safeguarding policies
- Safeguarding for Trustees
- What to do if you're worried
In addition, DCMS have designed an online tool which will help you decide on the correct course of action to take if you have received an allegation of abuse or harm perpetrated by a person in your charity.
The Safer Culture North East project will be delivering training and awareness raising sessions across the region.
All events will be listed on our events section and in our ebulletin VONNE News, as well as through the local infrastructure organisation's own channels. Sign up to receive VONNE News to stay updated.
North East Safeguarding Boards and Partnerships
Local areas have child partnerships and adult boards to bring together people from across the local authority, health services, police, and voluntary sector partners to ensure the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults is paramount.
Each area has information on their website that may be useful, including training programmes and information for professionals.
- Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership, including links to Hartlepool & Stockton-on-Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership and South Tees Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Teeswide Safeguarding Adults Board
Durham and Darlington
- Durham Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Durham Safeguarding Adults Inter-Agency Partnership
- Darlington Safeguarding Partnership (covers adult and child safeguarding)
Tyne & Wear and Northumberland
- Newcastle Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Newcastle Safeguarding Adults Board
- Gateshead Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Gateshead Safeguarding Adults Board
- South Tyneside Safeguarding Children Partnership
- South Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Board
- Sunderland Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Sunderland Safeguarding Adults Board
- Northumberland Strategic Safeguarding Partnership (Children)
- North Tyneside Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Northumberland and N Tyneside Safeguarding Adults Board
The 12 statutory safeguarding partners across Tyne & Wear and Northumberland have come together in a voluntary partnership, bringing together safeguarding leaders. You can read their strategic intent for the year September 2019 - September 2020.