The need for good advice and support around technology is particularly important, with charities working hard to enable remote working across their teams, and struggling to deliver remote support to those in need.
Social Tech North East is setting up an advice line for charities who need help or advice in meeting the challenge of urgently deploying new digitally enabled ways of working.
Charities will be asked to provide a few details in advance of the call and, although we may not be able to answer all your questions in 15 minutes, we will be able to signpost to further sources of support.
If you have digital tech skills you'd like to offer to support those in the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector in the north east, please get in touch. You can register your interest on this google docs form.
Join VONNE and Consult and Design for Tech Lunch Tuesday – a virtual drop in session for the digital technology and voluntary, community and social enterprise communities to come together and chat.
This sessions will give you the chance to share your current experiences, ask questions to the rest of the community and find out where you can get support. It’s informal, so we’ll be around 12-2, but you can drop in for as long as suits you – bring your lunch or a cuppa.
- The Catalyst is a collective of digital organisations, foundations, charities and the UK government providing support for civil society organisations during the Covid-19 crisis.
- Covid-19: Digital service delivery for charities: A shared document and link to videos of relevant Zoom meetings/discussions.
- The Charity Digital Code of Practice is for charity professionals looking to get more strategic with digital. The code can help you understand the key actions your charity needs to take to stay relevant and increase your impact, efficiency and sustainability.
- NCVO resources to support best practice in IT.
- The NCVO Digital Maturity Matrix will help you explore how well your charity is taking advantage of all things digital.